Frequently Asked Questions
While we have sometimes been type-cast as only working with the professional law enforcement and military communities, the bulk of our teaching is directed towards delivering civilians from harm’s way. We do take considerable pride that the hand-to-hand combat instructors from the U.S. Marine Corps Martial Arts Center of Excellence (Quantico), U.S. Army School of Combatives (Fort Benning), an Advanced Navy Training Command, and the Royal Marines (Portsmouth) along with the professional defensive tactics instructors from the FBI and DEA Academies (Quantico) and the New Jersey State Police Academy (Sea Girt) have all vetted, welcomed, and distinguished us from others.
Our brick and mortar schools focus on training ordinary people from all walks of life regardless of size, physical fitness or athletic ability. The genius of krav maga is, when taught properly, any responsible citizen can learn and master it.
If we are capable enough to help train instructors from the U.S. Marine Corps, U.S. Army, U.S. Navy, U.S. Air Force, Royal Marines, Royal Navy, FBI, U.S. Marshals, DEA, U.S. Coast Guard, Federal Air Marshals and New Jersey State Police along with other law enforcement agency instructors, we are confident we can help you.
WHO IS MASTERING KRAV MAGA ONLINE DESIGNED FOR? – EVERY LAW ABIDING PERSON.
• Learn the core fundamentals of Israeli krav maga quickly and soundly (introduced from beginner to advanced through practical topics and logical categories);
• Learn to recognize and avoid a threat;
• Learn to quickly and decisively defeat the most common street threats and attacks;
• Build on krav maga’s instinctive movements while improving your athletic skill sets;
• Build your confidence.
CURRENT KRAV MAGA STUDENTS AND INSTRUCTORS
• Improve and hone your skill sets;
• Improve your belt level mastery;
• Expand your knowledge base and curriculum;
• Master the Israeli krav maga curriculum’s crucial subtleties;
• View the most evolved and comprehensive Israeli krav maga curriculum, philosophy and corresponding tactics.
OTHER MARTIAL ARTS STUDENTS AND INSTRUCTORS
• Learn krav maga material from yellow to black belt;
• Understand the original and most evolved Israeli krav maga philosophy and approach;
• Improve your skill sets and expand your knowledge base;
• Master krav maga’s crucial subtleties;
• Expand your curriculum;
• Enhance both your theoretical and practical capabilities.
LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICERS AND DT INSTRUCTORS
• Learn the krav maga DT fundamentals essential to police work (UOF is a priori).
• Understand the krav maga philosophy and LE DT tactical approach;
• Enhance both your theoretical and practical DT capabilities;
• We have taught instructors for the FBI, DEA, U.S. Marshals Service, ATF, Secret Service, Federal Air Marshals, DOD Police, Amtrak Police, New Jersey Transit Police; U.S. Coast Guard Police; New Jersey State Police, and Pennsylvania State Police.
• Note, importantly, the MKM Online program does not show some of our specific law enforcement defensive tactics. These are reserved and taught in-person to only vetted LE personnel.
MILITARY PERSONNEL/OPERATORS AND HAND-TO-HAND COMBAT INSTRUCTORS
• Learn the krav maga fundamentals that will keep you alive on the battlefield;
• Understand military krav maga’s philosophy and terminal military approach;
• View the most evolved Israeli krav maga philosophy and corresponding military tactics;
• We have taught the U.S. Marine Corps, U.S. Navy, U.S. Army, U.S. Coast Guard and U.S. Air Force instructors including having taught at the MACE (Quantico); Army School of Combatives (Ft. Benning); USAF Ravens School House, (JB MDL), Portsmouth (UK) and at a Navy Advanced Training Command.
• Note, importantly, the MKM Online program does not show specific lethal force tactics. These are reserved and taught in-person to only vetted military personnel.
[/fusion_toggle][fusion_toggle title=”SO WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN OUR ORIGINAL ISRAELI KRAV MAGA AND OTHER KRAV MAGA INTERPRETATIONS? ” open=”no”]
This training comes directly from the original Israeli Krav Maga Association. The IKMA was established in 1978 by krav maga founder Imi Lichtenfeld, Haim Gidon, and several other high ranking instructors. In short, proper body mechanics, movement, and retzev (“continuous combat motion”) coupled with the IKMA’s innovations separate us. Imi granted Grandmaster Gidon an 8th dan blackbelt in 1996 recognizing Haim as the highest ranked living instructor and, thus, Imi’s evenutal successor.
Grandmaster Haim Gidon implemented many improvements and modifications with the late founder Imi Lichtenfeld’s express approval. As noted, there are now many interpretations of krav maga. Some are rooted in founder Imi Lichtenfeld’s original teachings while others bear no resemblance. The bottom line is if you prevent physical harm to yourself or others, your krav maga worked. However, there is a distinct professional line when confronting a skilled attacker, facing multiple attackers, or when ensnared in a deadly force encounter that may keep you alive and uninjured.
Your defensive capability must be both instinctive and optimized. A firearm or edged weapon defense improperly executed may get you maimed or killed. Therefore, our training is serious – as it must be – and not an exercise fad in dealing with life-threatening situations. We always work against resistance and constantly try to defeat and test the efficacy our own tactics. We keep a keen eye out for new tactics that seek to overcome our defenses.
We focus on building the strongest foundation possible in every instructor and student who comes through our door and, now, our MKM portal. Most self-defense/martial arts instructors have solid backgrounds and absorb our training quickly. Beginners present a superb blank canvas to absorb and master the instinctive tactics. For beginners and advanced practitioners alike, accordingly, we introduce the techniques harnessing their natural movements and then optimizing these movements through retzev (“continuous combat motion”).
The simplest and most direct method to compare/judge competing krav maga claims and versions is to examine a different krav maga organization’s legitimacy/abilities by comparing their respective leaders on Youtube. We suggest that your compare the main frontline organizations, notably, at the blackbelt levels. Seeing is believing; not all krav maga is the same.
[/fusion_toggle][fusion_toggle title=”WHY IS THE MKM ONLINE PROGRAM PRICED HIGHER THAN OTHER PROGRAMS?” open=”no”]
Because not all krav maga is the same™, the adage applies: you get what you pay for. We believe the MKM content is unmatched. We have supreme confidence in our curriculum and teaching method. This material represents the latest and most evolved training incorporated into the most comprehensive krav maga program available (over 340[+] lessons/42 hours of online training). Simply stated, MKM is different than any other krav maga.
In teaching, we believe in succinct explanations — doing and showing rather than excessive talking. In addition, specific technique insights from David Kahn’s five popular and award-winning krav maga books (Krav Maga , Advanced Krav Maga , Krav Maga Weapon Defenses , Krav Maga Professional Tactics  and Krav Maga Defense  are presented underneath each video in bullet point form to reinforce and expand on the footage presented.
Once again, seeing is believing.