About Mastering Krav Maga
Krav maga (“contact combat”) has become highly popular. This instinctive self-defense system was developed by Imi Lichtenfeld to enable ordinary citizens to protect themselves against both armed and unarmed violent threats. As instructors for the original non-profit Israeli Krav Maga Association, we have taught this simple, yet, amazingly effective world-renowned self-defense system to tens of thousands of civilians, law enforcement and military personnel as well as with celebrities.
Because not all krav maga is the same®, our foremost objective is to present and disseminate the self-defense teaching material properly. The Mastering Krav Maga Online program is designed to teach and demonstrate both what krav maga is, and, equally important, what it is not – including the most common mistakes. Many people equate krav maga as simply another type of exercise routine with a few self-defense mechanics thrown in. No. While there are many charlatan “instructors” doing krav maga a great injustice, true krav maga is an instinctive, no-nonsense, and, when necessary, brutally effective self-defense system. We do not suggest that we are the only ones who teach krav maga properly, but, we do it our way. We whole-heartedly invite the comparison of our (Gidon) method to other krav maga versions. Award-winning author and video producer David Kahn (trained under Grandmaster Haim Gidon), with the expert help of instructors Rinaldo Rossi, Don Melnick, and Chris Eckel and krav maga students, has created a comprehensive online training program for law-abiding citizens to master krav maga. David serves as the Israeli Krav Maga Association’s (Gidon) U.S. Chief Instructor. This Mastering Krav Maga Online program provides 42 plus hours of training* (roughly 90% of the entire Israeli krav maga civilian curriculum) containing more than 340(+) updated individual and related lessons available to you 24 hours a day seven days a week. This training will benefit both beginners and seasoned self-defense practitioners alike.
In short, this is krav maga as you have never seen it.
* Note, approximately 70% of the online lessons are the material from Mastering Krav Maga Volumes I, II and III. Belt levels have been added to each lesson.
Our specialists make the Mastering Krav Maga Online program non-pareil. We have trained extensively in Israel with Grandmaster Haim Gidon, 10th dan. Accordingly, we will ensure that you you benefit with the most comprehensive instruction for both beginners and seasoned self-defense practitioners alike.
U.S. Chief Instructor
David Kahn, IKMA United States Chief Instructor, received his advanced black-belt teaching certifications from Grandmaster Haim Gidon and is the only American to sit on the IKMA board of directors. David was also awarded a fifth-degree black belt in combat jiu-jitsu by the United States Judo Association. He has formally trained all five branches of the U.S. military, the Royal Marines, in addition to federal, state, and local law enforcement agencies in many training school houses including Marine Corps Martial Arts Center of Excellence (MACE), Army Combatives School (Fort Benning), a Navy Advanced Training Command, along with those of the FBI, New Jersey State Police, and a host of other academies. David is certified as an instructor by the State of New Jersey Police Training Commission. David has been featured in various media outlets including Men’s Fitness, New York Times GQ, USA Today, Los Angeles Times, Washington Post, New Yorker, Penthouse, Fitness, Marine Corps News, Armed Forces Network, Special Operations Report, and Military.com. David is the author of five krav maga books: Krav Maga (2004), Advanced Krav Maga (2008), Krav Maga Weapon Defenses (2012), and Krav Maga Professional Tactics (2016). He has produced the award-winning Mastering Krav Maga DVD series (Volumes I, II, III and IV) along with the Mastering Krav Maga Online program. David and his partners operate several Israeli krav maga training centers of excellence.
Black-belt instructor Rinaldo Rossi began his krav maga training in 2001 and his advanced training with David Kahn in 2006. Rinaldo completed his instructor certification with Grandmaster Haim Gidon in both the United States and Israel. Rinaldo is one of only a few Americans to complete Grandmaster Gidon’s certification course in Israel. Rinaldo has taught at the Marine Corps Martial Arts Center of Excellence (Quantico), a Navy Advanced Training Command, the FBI Academy (Quantico), and the New Jersey State Police Academy. Rinaldo is responsible for the national rollout of Israeli krav maga in the United States with senior instructors Don Melnick and Chris Eckel in coordination with the Israeli Krav Maga Association. Rinaldo is co-owner of Israeli Krav Maga Cherry Hill and was featured in the books Krav Maga Weapon Defenses, Krav Maga for Professionals, and Krav Maga: Defending the Most Common 12 Unarmed Street Attacks along with Mastering Krav Maga DVD Volumes, I, II and III along with the Mastering Krav Maga Online Program.
WHAT DOES THE MKM ONLINE PROGRAM STRIVE TO DELIVER?
- Our foremost objective is to present and disseminate the teaching material properly. The Mastering Krav Maga Online program is designed to teach and demonstrate what krav maga is; and, equally important, what it is not . . .
PROGRAM GOAL: TEACH KRAV MAGA YELLOW TO BLACK BELT MATERIAL
- Our goal is to enable krav maga’s essential techniques to be learned correctly online, from yellow belt to black belt, supported by our written materials.
THE PROGRAM: DESIGNED TO TACKLE THE GAMUT OF STREET THREATS
- The Mastering Krav Maga Online program is designed to tackle the gamut of street threats and attacks. Each solution is presented by its corresponding belt level.
PROGRAM AVAILABILITY: 42 HOURS OF INSTRUCTION 24/7
- We’ll provide more than 42 hours of instruction (340 lessons [approximately 90% of the entire Israeli krav maga curriculum]) available 24 hours a day, seven days a week for responsible people to master krav maga.
- Our instruction comes from the original Israeli Krav Maga Association founded by Imi Lichtenfeld, now headed by Grandmaster Haim Gidon, 10th dan. We are vetted by some of the foremost law enforcement and military instructor hand-to-hand combat subject matter experts.
FOR WHOM IS THE PROGRAM DESIGNED
- Every law-abiding person can benefit from this material. Importantly, you do not need to be strong, athletic, or even physically fit. While some of the techniques may occasionally look complicated, they aren’t. We use simple building blocks with just a few core movements. For those who wish to master a few instinctive techniques to defeat an attack, the material will accomplish this. For those who wish to explore more advanced and “expert” tactics, the material will also provide upper belt level solutions as well.